Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected ecosystem, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award-winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
Have you got a need for speed? Are you an engineer with a passion for scalability and performance? Come help make us as scalable as we can be! As Performance Engineer you will drive the testing, monitoring and optimisation of our apps and sites, as well as building the tools that enable other engineers to discover and tune up performance issues in their code. It's a varied role with a lot of freedom and you will collaborate with our other dev teams to improve the scalability and performance of our growing micro-service based core systems.
What you'll be doing
- Help design, build and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at scale.
- Design and build your performance testing infrastructure and processes.
- Analyse metrics and code to uncover performance regressions and opportunities for optimisation, and work with teams across the organisation to speed things up.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced performance engineer to join our growing Core Tech team. It is important that you can demonstrate:
- A passion for application performance and scalability.
- Problem-solving from first principles.
- Proven ability to find and fix troublesome performance issues that span multiple systems.
- Experience exploring datasets and turning performance metrics into easily-understood data visualisations.
- Experience integrating performance tools into Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines
- An important part of our backend is written in Go and Node.js, so it is a bonus (but not mandatory) if you have direct experience of these technologies.
- Experience working with CDNs (varnish, Fastly, Cloudflare) is beneficial.
We are always working on improving, tweaking and enhancing our systems so whether that means adopting a new framework or re-writing components, you have to enjoy this way of working!
Have thy tools ready
We also assume you love working in a lean and agile environment.
To thrive in our team, you should be able to check the following boxes:
- Independent: We expect all applicants to be capable of working independently in their roles and take responsibility for their own code.
- Drive and Love: To keep up with the fast-paced environment in the office, you need to be driven and really enjoy what you do. We do, and we love it!
- Teamwork: If you want to succeed in this position, you have to work well with others and aim to achieve common goals. It’s important that you build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Relocation package
- MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development plans
- International vibe
- Free fruit, coffee and soda
- Playful, bright and modern offices in Marbella city centre
- Recreation area including an amazing view from our roof terrace
- Lots of sun, beach and team building events!
- Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
- Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
- Location: Marbella
- Questions: hass.chapman(at)mavrix.es
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community. However, all applicants MUST have the right to live and work in Spain. We cannot provide visa sponsorship.