Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
You will be part of the Software Engineering department which is responsible for delivering innovative software solutions in an agile environment to fulfil the company vision. You’ll be joining our eclectic team of talented dev guys, so your primary responsibilities will be based on your experience on frontend development!
What you'll be doing
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implementation of fully responsive UI
- Develop and across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices
- Provide realistic estimates for requests, fixes and new ideas
- Cooperate with the multiple teams in implementing new functionality
- Ability to look at a problem and come up with practical solutions
- Write unit tests with mocked code
- Write clear and precise technical documentation
Who you are
- Key Skills / Competencies:
- CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS
- RESTful web services
- .NET (C#) / .NET Core, MVC, HTML5, CSS
- IIS Web server
- Able to plan and work autonomously and within a team
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Deep understanding of source control and GIT Flow.
- Experience with JIRA is helpful.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or related field will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment.
- A record of successful delivery of software solutions as an individual.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle
- Strong development, time management, and problem solving skills
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- We expect all applicants to be independent, self-motivated, team players, pragmatic, results oriented and take responsibility for their own code.
- Teamwork – If you want to succeed in this position, you work well with others and thrive on achieving commonly set goals. It’s important to you to build effective and sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness.
- Approachable, with a motivational nature and an overall passion for accomplishment.
- Confident and able to keep up with the high pace around the office, you need to be driven and really enjoy what you do. We do, and we thrive on this buzz!
- Proactive and well organised, with strong time management skills.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on you growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.