Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
Perform all activities relating to the administration and support of the company’s databases in the development, QA, and production environments.
What you'll be doing
- Implement and maintain the company’s databases;
- Ensure database usage is performant and secure, taking the necessary actions to prevent or rectify erroneous or threatening situations;
- Ensure that the company’s database backups, high availability and disaster recovery frameworks are in order;
- Install, test, and plan deployment of database upgrades and patches;
- Define backup strategies adopted by the company;
- Stay abreast of emerging database technologies and design approaches;
- Generate ad-hoc reports as may be requested from time to time by business users;
- Develop database objects for the maintenance of the company’s automated frameworks;
- Liaise closely with the company’s Software Developers in the design, development, and maintenance of database objects;
- Assess database objects creation and changes by other teams prior to their release to the production environment;
- Grant permissions to the various users and/or systems requiring access by balancing access requirements against security and performance concerns:
- Carry out performance benchmarking, tuning and optimisation to achieve the company’s desired performance results;
- Carry out advanced troubleshooting of database issues;
- Provide guidance and support to employees, both within and outside the team on aspects of database schemas and structures;
- Assist in drafting policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance and use of the Database Management Systems;
- Provide 24/7 database support (on-call roaster);
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time;
Who you are
- At least eight years of experience as a DBA.
- In-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server, SQL and TSQL.
- Knowledge of other DBMS, including non-relational systems would be beneficial.
- Must be responsible and organised.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team and be flexible in approach.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.