Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
Perform all activities relating to the administration and support of the company’s databases in the development, QA, and production environments.
What you'll be doing
- Implement and maintain the company’s databases;
- Monitor database usage, performance, security and space usage, taking the necessary actions to prevent or rectify erroneous or threatening situations;
- Monitor and maintain the company’s database backups, high availability and Disaster Recovery frameworks;
- Stay abreast of emerging database technologies;
- Generate ad-hoc reports as may be requested from time to time by business users;
- Assess database objects created / changed by other Departments prior to their release to the production environment;
- Assist in granting permissions to the various users and/or systems requiring access by balancing access requirements against security and performance concerns;
- Provide 24/7 database support (on-call roaster);
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time;
Who you are
- At least three years of experience as a DBA or other RDBMSs.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server, SQL and TSQL.
- Must be responsible and organized.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team and be flexible in approach.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.