Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for providing seasoned and experienced support to both internal and external clients for resolving incidents and service requests on our iGaming Cloud platform. They will adhere to internal processes for incident and service request resolution, and change management through proper execution and documentation.
What you'll be doing
- Working on application support and infrastructure incidents to provide resolution within agreed SLA’s to our customers;
- Act as a second and third line support for application service requests and incidents both internally as well as from customers;
- Work with product and vendor support technical teams to resolve production issues, troubleshoot symptoms, and conduct root cause analysis with remediation plans or solutions to prevent recurrent issues;
- Navigate and query complex relational databases and understand the related links for issue resolution;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the application, systems, database architecture and the general application functionality of our products;
- Oversee product monitoring systems to provide swift responses to critical alerts to prevent outages;
- Install, configure and tune application monitoring services and middleware to proactively detect issues;
- Create documentation, runbooks and cross train to other team members;
- Recognise and act on opportunities for service improvements;
- Research and resolve problems or inquiries in a timely manner;
- Work on a rotating 24/7 shift-work operations coverage
Who you are
- Excellent communication abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Work well under pressure;
- Ability to solve problems efficiently;
- Flexible team player;
- Flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment with new challenges and evolving priorities on a daily basis;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently;
- Be highly motivated, with proven aptitude for learning new skills and keeping abreast with the latest technologies
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science;
- At least 2 years with IIS, Apache or similar Web App Server administration experience. This includes but not limited to: installation, configuration, tuning, deployments, and monitoring;
- 3+ years’ experience in systems administration support of n-tier web-enabled service application environments and technologies;
- Expert in Windows and Linux environments;
- Experience with monitoring systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of web services including IIS, ASP.Net, manual SOAP call triggering and troubleshooting;
- Technical skills and certifications in IT Operations will be considered as an asset;
- Experience with container technology such as Docker or Kubernetes will be a plus;
- Scripting and Database experience is a plus;
- Relative autonomy to pick up new skills;
- Good knowledge of HTML / CSS, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL certificates, SMTP, DNS, RabbitMQ and MSMQ;
- Experience in monitoring and automation of system administration and operational tasks;
- Experience with issue tracking systems and escalation procedures;
- Minimum of 3+ years of IT Operations role or client/customer support experience;
- Familiar with MS SQL databases and SQL in general;
- Knowledge of ITIL Operations and Service Management best practices;
- Proficient with Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience in the gaming industry would be considered an asset
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on you growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: Malta
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.