Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
As a Head of Design you will manage internal and external stakeholder expectations, delivering extremely creative and surprising results. You will also lead the creative team in the right direction by managing and supporting them, as well as by providing them with motivational and development feedback.
What you'll be doing
- Designing web applications, websites and landing pages user interfaces.
- Designing product software user interface.
- Evaluating existing user interface and identifying areas for improvement.
- Designing mockups and prototypes to test ideas.
- Create and implement style guides and standards.
- Researching and presenting user interface design trends.
- The quality of output for all creative work
- Adopting a ‘hands-on’ approach when required to help the team with concept development
- Being the brand guardian
- Creating the process framework in which team creativity can flourish, while delivering to the needs of the company
- Ensuring the right resource is available and that the creative team is involved from the beginning of a project
- Striving for continuous improvement and excellence
- Mentoring, developing and coaching the team
- Creating an inspiring and positive culture
- Confident presentation of ideas to stakeholders and clients where required
Who you are
- The right candidate should have previous experience of leading and managing a creative team
- You will have an intimate understanding of design, animation, video/film, print and digital
- You should be proficient in the use of the following software or equivalent – Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Prototyping software
- B2B branding and positioning experience is also required for this role
- Have an intimate understanding of user experience and current design trends
- Having designed a large-scale back office application is a plus
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
• Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
• Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
• Location: You are based in Malta.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.